9.9

2014 Toyota Avalon accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Avalon:

2014 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jun 272014

Avalon 6-cyl

While driving South on a city street midday, in sunny clear conditions, suddenly experienced the suns glare from at least 3 spots on shiny chrome covered dashboard all at same time, from different spots, blinding and distracting me and almost making me run a red light since I could barely see. It was like 3 suns in my face. Chrome is mirror like, quite thick, and at an angle that causes sun to reflect straight into your eyes when it's midday and the sun shines down through windshield from overhead. I had to break hard when I noticed light was red at the last minute. Almost caused me to run the red light. Updated 2/20/15

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jun 142014

Avalon

Vehicle dashboard chrome accents reflect the sun at mid-day like a mirror, blinding the driver. This happened to me today while driving. This makes the vehicle undriveable for nearly 2 hours each day. There are many similar reports online, including this one from a professional reviewer: " although the chrome used is "smoked" to lessen brightness, matte aluminum would have improved the overall ambiance immensely. At one point, I was actually blinded by dazzling reflections off the bezel of the instrument cluster." - reviews.carreview.com/2013-Toyota-Avalon-limited-review

- Santa Ana, CA, USA