2014 Toyota Avalon wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Avalon:

2014 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jan 072015

Avalon 4-cyl

As I was entering the ramp to get into I-95, I heard a loud band and heard debris hitting the bottom of my car. Car instantly started steering rough. I pulled over immediately and noticed my tire low pressure light on. Upon inspection, noticed that my right rear tire was flat. Upon looking under the car at the wheel I saw a 5 inch diameter section of the metal alloy wheel missing. Called Toyota roadside assistance for help and they dispatched maintenance to install spare tire. Took pictures of damaged wheel and available upon request. Have never noticed a wheel exploding during normal driving on debris free road. Did a walkthrough and did not notice any sharp objects or other material that could have caused this mishap.

- Middleburg, FL, USA