2015 Toyota Avalon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Avalon:

2015 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Avalon 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Avalon. The contact received recall notices for the service brakes and vehicle speed control; however, the parts were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and the pcs system was deactivated. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign numbers were unknown. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 05/11/16 the consumer referenced the pre-collision system. Updated 06/16/16.8jb

- Easton, PA, USA

Dec 082015

While in motion and driving North on rt. 295 at the rte. 50 exit to the District of Columbia, twice, once car began breaking while cruise control on and engaged, and once while in motion with it cruise control just on. Maryland government notified and case number is sr-0267654

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 162015

The problem is with the dynamic radar cruise control (drcc). It applies the brakes for no apparent reason. Below are descriptions of 5 of about 20 such incidents: -on I-40. I was behind a truck moving 62 in a 70 zone. There was a truck in the left lane about 200 yards ahead. I moved to the left lane. There was no one behind me in either lane. Drcc quickly slowed me to 40 mph. -again on I-40, in right lane behind a truck going about 62 in a 70 zone. The truck 20 yards behind me moved left and accelerated. Brakes automatically applied by drcc. -on I-8, right lane following a vehicle 10 mph below the speed limit. A car was closely following me. Upon reaching an exit ramp, he exited and quickly accelerated. The brakes were strongly applied. -entering freeway; light traffic, drcc set at 75. The entrance ramp came in from above the freeway and approached the freeway at a fairly sharp angle. There was a metal guard rail to the left of the left lane. Entering travel lane, still aimed at the guard rail, brakes sharply applied. -construction zone on I-80, . speed limit 55 in the construction zone and 70 beyond it. Fairly heavy traffic was narrowed to one lane in the zone with orange barrels on the right and jersey barriers on the left. The nearest vehicle ahead of me was 100-200 yards ahead, but behind was a semi about 20 feet away. Changed set speed from 60 to 70 approaching end of construction.. I was probably 20-30 yards from the end of the construction when I adjusted the speed.. just as I reached the end of the zone and was beginning to accelerate, the brakes were strongly applied. The semi veered to miss me. My guess is that if the drcc is confused by the situation it is programmed to apply the brakes. A far more appropriate, and safer, response would be to emit a warning beep(s) and disable the cruise control.

- Montrose, CO, USA