2003 Toyota Echo body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Echo:

2003 Toyota Echo Owner Comments

Oct 272013

I did not notice this problem until October when I moved to a wetter climate with my DVD player and computer in the trunk. There was water on the computer but it survived and water on the DVD player which didn't survive. I thought it was happening because water was pooling on the trunk lid and when opened it would pour into trunk. But the trunk has gotten increasingly wet as has anything in the trunk, and I rarely go into the trunk. Then I noticed wetness on the floor inside the interior, first behind the drivers seat, then on front passenger floor. I cannot figure out where the water is coming from. Is this poor design and is this a common problem for Toyoto Echo's? I have only had this car since April of 2013.

- , Victoria, BC, Canada