Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Toyota Echo has better fuel economy & far less problems than its competitors.

Typical fuel economy reported by owners starts at 35 MPG, with 40-50 MPG easily possible with some thoughtful driving. With not even a hint of any major problems, the Toyota Echo is a fantastically reliable car with fuel economy that puts some "eco-friendly" hybrids 10 years newer to shame.

2004 Toyota Echo AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Echo:

2004 Toyota Echo Owner Comments

Jun 012011

When I start my Toyota Echo, occasionally I hear a loud squeaky noise. The noise gets louder as I increase the AC/Heater Fan Speed. It often stops if I stop my AC/Heather Fan. If I don't do anything, the noise goes away automatically after few minutes of driving.

If anyone knows what causes this, please let me now with a solution and approx. cost.

Thanks in advance