2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Comments

Jul 292007

FJ Cruiser 4WD 6-cyl

(1) I only had just under 12,500 mi. On my 2007 Toyota Fj cruiser when the vehicle started swerving as I was driving ~55 mph down the hwy. I pulled over to find that my 33" pro comp mud terrain rear right tire had a blow-out. Not a minor blow-out, but the entire side wall completely peeled away from itself around the whole tire. Pro comp offered to reimburse me a pro-rated amount of retail price for the tire according to the tread depth left on the tire. No damage was done to the vehicle. (2) about three weeks later, the valve stem (where you put air in the tire) completely blew out of the front right tire and my tire went completely flat. Thank god that I was parked and not driving, so again, no damage done to the vehicle. As of now, nothing has been done to correct this problem. I am currently trying to get Toyota (dealership put on these particular tires before I bought this new tire, not a request from me) or pro comp to replace all of my wheels and tires with a safer brand than pro comp.

- Evans, GA, USA

Feb 052007

FJ Cruiser 4WD 6-cyl

TL *- the contact owns a 2007 Fj cruiser. The contact stated that there is a recall on the installation of dunlop tires. The contact currently has no tire damage, but wasconcerned that a bulge could develop at any time and create a problem later. The contact wanted all five tires replaced as stated in the recall. The current mileages was 12000.

- Orient , NY, USA