5.4

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Comments

Jan 252010

FJ Cruiser

2007 Toyota cruiser trd - tie rod broke. I was backing out of my driveway and turning the steering wheel was difficult. I got out and looked at the vehicle. One tire was pointed one way and one the other. There weren't any events leading up to the failure. Shortly before the tie rod broke, steering felt as if I was on ice for a few short moments. Fortunately, I wasn't driving the vehicle when the tie rod broke. Vehicle was undriveable and towed to a Toyota dealership in edmonds, wa. The tie rod was replaced by Toyota. Dealership had no information as to how it could have happened. No reason was given. Car was 2 weeks out of warranty and dealership wasn't going to cover this safety issue. After applying some pressure, they did handle the problem.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Apr 302007

FJ Cruiser

The contact has a 2004 Toyota Fj cruiser. The contact stated that sporadically the passenger side rear tire loses tire pressure. If the tire loses air pressure it may lead to a loss of vehicle control and increase the possibility of a crash. He contacted the manufacturer and was informed by a representative that his VIN number did not fall under recall #06V235000, (tires:bead), therefore he would have to assume responsibility for any repairs. The tires failure and current mileages were 10.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 012009

FJ Cruiser

My 2007 Toyota Fj cruiser has uneven wear on the edge of the tires at 40,000 miles. The original complaint that brought me to the dealership was a vibration in the steering wheel at 65mph. I was informed that there is a recall (campaign id # 06V235000) but my vehicle does not have the assigned for the recall. It certainly sounds like my vehicle is experiencing similar issues. I noticed the vibration approximately 3-4 months ago.

- Mendham, NJ, USA

Mar 112007

FJ Cruiser

My Fj cruiser had Bridgestone dueler tires on it when bought. The tires were losing air pressure and causing my car to stop unevenly. I brought the car to Toyota two time and they said it was a suspension problem, but they never offered to fix the suspension. The dueler tires wore unevenly and I was forced to change the tires myself at only 14K miles on the brand new car. I asked for reimbursement since there was a tire recall that I only found out about myself on the internet. I was never told about the tire recall when I brought my car to the dealer on two occasions. They, Toyota, has claimed that my production number and date on my car don't fit into the recall, but don't address that the production of my car doesn't solve the problem that defective tires were put on my car.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Jul 032006

FJ Cruiser 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased an Fj cruiser Toyota in May 2006, I drove approximately 3000 miles, and noticed the tires were getting low and then I would add air and again they would lose air. I went to wheelworks and replaced the tires. I think this vehicle should be in the recall.

- Menlo Park, CA, USA