- May 22: Gulf States Toyota Recalls 4Runner, Camry and Other Models recalls | 3 days ago
- May 20: TRW Ball Joints Recalled on Toyota Trucks and SUVs recalls | 5 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Blue-Colored Headlights Should Be Banned, Petitioner Says news | 9 days ago
- April 27: Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks to Fix Rear Differentials recalls | 28 days ago
2001 Toyota Highlander
Worst 2001 Highlander engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption6
- threads pulled out in engine block2
- starting issues1
- strong odor1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine6
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Highlander Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Highlander compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Highlander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Highlander.