4.0

2003 Toyota Highlander accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Highlander:

2003 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jun 032015

Highlander Limited 3.0L

38,000 mile is correct for my odometer. I do not drive much. I am retired. I have owned the SUV 8 years. Always something is going wrong with it.

Water pump went out at 35,000 miles. $750 to fix. Check engine light came on.Oxygen part went bad. 950 dollars to fix with part. 3 weeks ago the gas gauge started reading 3 fourth full with a full tank. System has not corrected itself.

I only have 38,240 miles on this vehicle. Why such major sh*t, with the low mileage. I get the oil changed 3 times a year. I stopped going to the Toyota dealership for anything. The Toyota people seem to find a lot wrong every time I visit them. So, I go to a garage down the street.

Remember that jingle... Oh what a feeling. Toyota's seem to have more problems, then GM vehicles. My next vehicle is not going to be a Toyota. Lately something seems to go wrong with the Highlander all the time. You will not find a used Toyota Highlander anywhere with mileage as low as mine. All the things that have happened to my car should not of happened at such a low mileage. Should of happened at 75,000 miles or more.

At one time in the past, Toyota's were made to last, with few problems. Toyota's are nothing but problems.

- , Centerville, USA