2003 Toyota Highlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Highlander:

2003 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jan 011994

Highlander

In very cold Maine temperatures, after the vehicle has set unused all night, the airbag warning light comes on in the morning when the vehicle is started. This also happens in very warm temperatures after vehicle has set unused all night. After the vehicle has run a short while and warmed up or cooled down, the airbag signal warning goes off.

- Waterville, ME, USA

Oct 272014

Highlander 6-cyl

I purchased my vehicle in 2003 in California. In 2005 I moved to North port, Florida. I have seen on the media that if I live in a humid area, my air bags are unsafe. I went to www.safercar.gov and entered my VIN# I was told my car has "no recalls".

- North Port, FL, USA

Nov 272005

Highlander 6-cyl

: the consumer hit a patch of black ice traveling at 45 mph when approaching a stop sign; the vehicle proceeded through a stop sign striking another vehicle in the passenger side. The airbags did not deploy. The pre-braking was minimal due to the icy road conditions. Both occupants of the vehicle were wearing seat belts and sustained minor injuries. Police were on the scene and a report was taken. The vehicle sustained extensive damage, but was not totaled due to assessment of the insurance adjustor and the lack of airbag deployment. Prior to the accident, the airbag warning light illuminated in cold temperatures, but the vehicle was not seen by a dealer for this problem. Prior to the accident, the rear brakes and rotors were replaced. Updated 03/03/06. Updated

- Schuyler Falls, NY, USA