2.7

2004 Toyota Highlander accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Highlander:

2004 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jun 012008

Highlander

I have a 2004 4 cyl Highlander, and I can completely understand the other complainers situation as I am experiencing the same problem. It happened at around 60K miles and the dealer said it would cost about $600. To fix. I didn't. I just had to play around with the knob when I need to use it.

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Apr 012008

Highlander

The gps in my 2004 Toyota Highlander goes on and off without warning. When it does it disables the defroster, ac and heat. I don't care about the gps, but when it disables my defroster, it is a safety issue. It should have been a recall from the manufacturer. Toyota has informed me a new gps will cost $5,000. I can put a used one in for $1,500. This is an unfair price to have a necessary safety function, the defroster, to work. Defroster are required for state inspection. Do you have any suggestions for Toyota to address this issue?

- Portsmouth, VA, USA