2.4

2004 Toyota Highlander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Highlander:

2004 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jan 112008

Highlander 4WD 6-cyl

One week ago, when I stepped on the brake, a loud grinding noise would happen. I scheduled a appointment with Goodyear to have my brakes checked. 2 days before my appointment date, I also had to press the brake pedal all the way down to the floor to get the car to stop. I freaked out and went straight to Goodyear for the repair. They told me that the rubber on the master cylinder had been eaten away by the brake fluid and had to be replaced. The was a recall in 2001 for the Toyota Highlander for the same problem. I have a 2004 Highlander.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA