2004 Toyota Highlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Highlander:

2004 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jan 102004

Highlander 4-cyl

Air bags failed to deploy. A Nissan pathfinder cut in front of me and I crashed into him. I was driving about 50 mph when he suddenly veered into my land. I tried to brake, but there wasn't time and I hit the back of his pathfinder and then spun around and hit the guardrail. The seat belts exploded, but the airbags did not deploy, upon either impact. The firemen just shook their heads in disbelief and my car's damage (~$9000). My Highlander was supposed to be back to me in 2-3 weeks, but it has been nine weeks and the car still isn't fixed due to back orders at Toyota. The nuisance of the Toyota backorders makes me very unsatisfied with Toyota. The failure of the air bag to deploy is scary and makes me very leery of the Highlander and decreases my faith in Toyota, once I do get it back. (al

- Hamden, CT, USA