CarComplaints.com Notes: 2008 is the first year of the 2nd generation Highlander, & it may be a model year to avoid as Toyota most likely worked out some production quality issues with the new model.

The 2009 Highlander is the has far fewer complaints.

2008 Toyota Highlander accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Highlander:

2008 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

May 012011

Highlander

I have a sunshine kids radian 80sl. Model US18500. Serial 090900106 03565. My latch strap does not remain tight. I can loosen it with one finger, which means my daughter climbing in and out can bump it and loosen it. It also has loosened over time on it's on. When I first install it, it is a completely rock solid install, but if you pull back and forth on the seat a few times you can feel it loosening. I do not feel like my daughter is safe in this seat in a crash. (related vehicle information: Model year=2008, make=Toyota, model=Highlander).

- Prairieville, LA, USA