2012 Toyota Highlander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Highlander:

2012 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Aug 152012

Light turned red. I attempted to stop. Brake pedal was rock hard no response. Two more attempts useless. I just continued across the intersection and there was no further event. This was the third event for this car. I refuse to drive it again. I am awaiting a resolution from Toyota under a California lemon law dispute.

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Nov 082011

Highlander 6-cyl

The car will not hold when parked on a steep incline. Not even in my driveway at home. Especially if there are people in the car because of the added weight. They adjusted it the first time and said it would be fine. That only lasted a month. Took it in again and they said nothing was wrong but they adjusted it more. Tech said they might have to charge me because it is going to wear out the parking brake pads. Never had some thing like this happen in any vehicle I have owned. It currently is not holding so I apply the brake to the floor and then put it in park. Not a good practice.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Apr 302012

Highlander 6-cyl

While pulling into a parking stall in a private parking lot, my Highlander suddenly accelerated and I had no brakes at all! my Highlander went up over the curb which caused the vehicle to slow. I had brakes again and was able to apply the brake, coming to a safe stop. Not before slashing my left front tire and bending my tire rim. Thankfully no one was injured.

- Clinton, UT, USA