2014 Toyota Highlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Highlander:

2014 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jun 192016

Highlander

2014 Toyota Highlander the driver side seat belt threading deteriorated at the stitching where it attaches to the floor of the car. It was fixed both times at ira Toyota in danvers, MA., once on June 21, 2016 and again on July 26, 2016. The first time the seat belt broke, I was stopped at a stop light. I pushed off my seat with my arms to adjust how I was sitting, to be more comfortable, and the belt broke. See image attached. The second time the belt broke was almost in the same matter, except I was parked in a parking lot.

- Lynnfield, MA, USA

Jun 182016

Highlander

To avoid two deer crossing road (bull bridge road, South kent, ct) on curve, lost control on right shoulder, hit straight on the utility wood pole. My speed was in between 25 and 30 mph. During the accident, all airbags did not go off and the seat belt did not lock me up. The impact caused my chest, back, neck and head injuries.

- Wingdale, NY, USA

May 222014

Highlander

The floor anchor of the driver side and passenger side is located behind the seat and can be stepped on by the rear passengers. Stepping on the floor anchor and belt by the rear passengers, often children, is a constant source of distraction for the driver.

- Newark, DE, USA