2016 Toyota Highlander miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Highlander:

2016 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Feb 022016

Highlander

I purchased the top of the line limited platinum model in order to get safety features. However, the warning chines for lane departure, back up cross traffic protection etc. Are very faint when compared to other cars that have these features. When the radio plays music they can not be heard at all rendering these protection features useless. Furthermore, the volume of the warning chimes can not be adjusted which was confirmed by both the dealer and Toyota.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Dec 282015

Highlander

When I purchased this 2016 Toyota Highlander le in mid December, I did not realize until I got it home, there was no interior rear door release. No release button on the dash and no interior door handle. I went back to the dealership, found my salesman and asked him if there was an interior door release. He told me there was not and "that's why they offer the le plus model which has a power rear door with inside release". every vehicle I've owned since 1998 has had an inside trunk or rear door release. It seems like a huge safety issue to me, how would anybody escape from the back in case of fire or other tragedy" aren't passenger vehicles required to be manufactured with an inside release/door handle"

- Prior Lake, MN, USA