2016 Toyota Highlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Highlander:

2016 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Oct 232016

Highlander

I had an accident on my car going 50 to 60 mph I the road curved and I did not I went into the top of the ditch hit front end and went airborn 30 to 50 feet in the air over the persons drivway. I landed on my back bumper which then propelled me back into the air and I flipped end over end landed on my tires. Not one of the airbags deployed in this accident. The officer at the scene was shocked. I hit my head on the steering wheel the head rest broke I het it so hard and the B pillar of the car. I was on a highway.

- Farmignton, MN, USA

Oct 232016

Highlander

I own a 2016 Highlander limited platinum and after a major accident I have a serious concern about the safety claims. Yesterday my wife was in a rollover (2 full rotations) accident in her 2016 Highlander platinum. Car was destroyed, her head hit both the steering wheel and the B-pillar, both have airbags. Not a single airbag was deployed. Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat-cushion airbag and all-row roll-sensing side curtain airbags = all a total fail, none of that worked. The onstar lady did however sense the accident and dispatch an ambulance and police, that was excellent. Whatever car I get as a replacement will defiantly have that. Not real happy about the safety on this vehicle. One of the reasons that we purchased this vehicle was the iihs rating on the vehicle. Right on there site it talks about the safety and the airbag roll system but the reality is in a rollover this did not work I will have the accident scene picture later today. I currently only have some of the vehicle after it was towed.

- Farmington, MN, USA

Jan 252016

Highlander

Airbags deployed during an accident where the 2016 Highlander hit the rear of the car in front of it that had slowed for a traffic light. This accident happened on 1-25-16 and the car was transported to a Toyota auto body shop on the 26th. Since then Highlander has been totally repaired except for the side airbags. Toyota motor in ca has no idea when airbags will be released for use in parts on 2016 model. It is now 3/21/16.

- Apalachin, NY, USA