2003 Toyota Land Cruiser miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser:

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Comments

Jan 152003

Land Cruiser

I recently purchased a toyotal highlander which has a headrest problem - it is so large that it pushes the head of the person in the seat forward to the point it is very very uncomfortable - in my case very painful. Neither the dealer nor Toyota will help me with the problem. I am not the only one who is having a problem with the headrest - neighbors are and I have seen people driving highlanders without headrests, which are a safety issue. In my case it is definitely a safety problem - I was rear ended twice in a vehicle without a headrest and am suffering cervical spine problems as a result. We need help with this problem.

- Joppa, MD, USA

Aug 032003

Land Cruiser 4WD 8-cyl

Unexplained acceleration in my 2003 Toyota landcriuser. Once in a parking lot almost pushing me into pedestrians while my foot was on the brake. Another time when making a turn and almost pushed me into a car - my foot was on the brake and I didn't have a foot on the accelerator. I heard you were loooking into this on a Camry - I have this also and it is a safety concern. I've called Toyota with no acknowledgement there is a known problem.

- Jackson, WY, USA