1.9

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser:

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Comments

Dec 092005

Land Cruiser 4WD 8-cyl

The incident is on my 2001 Toyota Land cruiser. I was driving between 70-75 mph with the cruise control activated. After approx 2 hours the cruise control shut off with out any warning. I deactivated the cruise and continued to drive. Approx. 1 hour later the traction control light came on (flashing) and the warning chime activated. Then the vehicle started braking one or more wheels without any warning. This caused me to almost lose control of the vehicle while I was in traffic. This happened (2) times in a period of 800 miles. I took the vehicle to a Toyota dealership and they said that they could no find anything wrong with the vehicle nor could recreate the incident. I was told that they could not do anything further on the vehicle. I called Toyota usa and they told me that I had to work with the dealership to fix. This is a dangerous vehicle if this happens without warning and traveling at highway speeds. The danger is greater if the road surface is wet or icy. I am at a loss as to what to do with this vehicle. I am no going to let my wife drive this vehicle until it is fixed because the potential for an accident is too great.

- Joplin, MO, USA