CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

1.9

2006 Toyota Matrix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Matrix:

2006 Toyota Matrix Owner Comments

Mar 222010

Matrix

Engine stalls, check engine light comes on, diagnosis via computer leads you to different fix's. my 2006 Matrix has been in the shop for almost two weeks. I had this same problem, I took it to my local mechanic and they diagnosed it (via the computer), and said it was two burnt coils ($560). Problem still exists, so they checked it again and said it was a vacuum leak (fixed for free) problem still exists. Then they said it was a pinched wire, etc. They finally had to call a Toyota dealer and seek help. They were then told of the computer problem. According to my mechanic, the computer is under warranty to 80,000 miles, I have 88,000. My mechanic is pressing them to fix it under warranty

- Lake Forest, CA, USA