CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2009 Toyota Matrix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Matrix:

2009 Toyota Matrix Owner Comments

Jan 292012

Matrix

Investigation results of report#-426903 given 2/12 of unintended acceler: Was investigated by spx Corp. Investigator hired from Toyota. At my apt. Setting, in my reserved parking spot because car could not be driven due to severe front end damage. I was given a memory stick with edr download info., telling me Toyota will respond. 22 pdf pages, 19 were bizarre math equations, never to be understood. My event showed when ignition turned on engine at 1600rpm, to 800rpm, as I began to move, then went to 2000rpm, in less then 60 seconds, within a small lane, plunging me into brick wall. Letter from Toyota administrator said no faults were found, sorry cannot be of assistance. In the 3rd paragraph was false info. Re: extensive test drive done to test brakes, etc. Everything working well. I called his direct # leaving a message in regard to I had serious questions "test drive"" leaving my name & #. he called next day to apologize, "I misstated the test drive", at the service center it was driven a short distance, I said service center? tm- yes!, I said street outside my apt. Door? tm- yes!. then said parking lot? tm- with hesitation, yes! asked if he was sure of the outcome, yes! next day via fax I wrote to him telling him that he made many misstatements! there is no street by my apt., car never went to a service center, have lo jack telling me the car was never moved since collision.which I knew since frame is severely bent, bumper rests on ground, all oil leaked out. If this is how a administrator of Toyota claims responds with outright lies, how many Toyota owners have been deceived. I told him; let's cut to the chase, I want a replacement car that is safe! 2000rpm- that is hwy. Speed, 1600rpm at startup with foot on break, Toyota calls this safe? he never knew the car could not be driven or where it was investigated, am I to trust his response" not at all!

- Copiague, NY, USA