2001 Toyota Prius wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Prius:

2001 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 102001

Prius

At 30,000 mile service I was told my car was "not safe to drive." The tires were worn to the cords. Toyota replaced them for free, but I was told that the Prius was known for having "problems" with their tires. Had I not been told about the condition of my tires, I might have had an accident. Other Prius owners should be notified of this. (tiresize: P175/65R14)

- Highland, CA, USA

Aug 282001

Prius

I was advised during a routine oil change that my tires were unsafe to drive on. I was also advised that tiyota knows that these unique tores fail at about 10,000 miles. Toyota says that these tires are the only type acceptable for use on this vehicle and to use another manufacturer will void the warranty. There are no replacement tires available and they (the dealer) estimates at least one month wait. (tiresize: P175/65R14)

- La Habra, CA, USA

Jan 012001

Prius

Original equipment Bridgestone 13inch tires for the 2001, Toyota, tires had to be replaced 3 times in a five month period for front passenger and driver sides of vehicle. Tires continually wear on the inside tread of the tire, consumer states this happens almost every 3000 miles, wear is primarily with the left front where the electric battery/motor are.

- Ponte Verda Beach, FL, USA