4.0

2004 Toyota Prius transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Prius:

2004 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Feb 012010

Prius

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

shifter issues when car is cold

II took my Prius to the dealer, told them the shifter won't stay in drive or reverse when the car is cold; I have to hold it down to go until the car warms up. The dealer couldn't replicate the behavior, because my car was warmed up. He said he called Toyota, and they told him that they don't know anything about the problem, but I could try replacing a $461.00 part and it may or may not solve the problem. I know Toyota was lying because I saw a woman on national news who talked about the same problem.

- , Blunt, SD, USA