2005 Toyota Prius accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Prius:

2005 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Feb 282010

1 - my right headlight keeps going on and off while I am driving. I received a ticket that I now have to pay for. The los angeles times mentioned that other cars have this problem. It should be easy for the manufacturer to fix at their expense. 2 - since I purchased my 2005 Prius in 2004, when I go over bumps, sometimes the light for the stability comes on and the brakes do not work for a second or two. I had asked when the car was serviced and was told there was nothing wrong. I guess we know better now. 3 - sometimes the two front tires lose traction and make a noise while spinning, before the car moves. 4 - if my car was under the "carpet" recall, why is it that it is not listed under the recall for the gas pedal? 5 - two of my locks are not working. One is the front passenger an one in the back.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 252005

Prius 4-cyl

2005 Toyota Prius -- floormat becomes lodged between pedals. -- while driving at high speeds (60-70 mph) on the freeway, I noticed a loss of sensitivity on both the brake and gas pedals. I had to press very hard to get a reaction from either pedal. As a result I was unable to keep driving at the same speed as the surrounding cars. Everything else seemed to be operating normally. The sensation continued for a few minutes until I could safely pull off of the freeway. Upon investigation, I realized that the floormat had come unhooked from its restraints and stuck between the pedals and the floor. I secured the floormat to its hooks once again and continued driving without trouble. This has happened a couple times since, but I recognize the symptoms and fix it promptly. However, I fear that another owner might experience this when they need to brake or accelerate suddenly to avoid an accident. (I noticed another posting that described the same problem). Perhaps Toyota should install locking hooks rather than the current ones that easily twist and unhook from the mats.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA