2005 Toyota Prius electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Prius:

2005 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jul 152006

Our 2005 Prius shut down on 07/15/06 while my wife was trying to get home that evening. She was 200 miles from the nearest Toyota dealer. The car needed to be towed from alamosa to pueblo. A complete car shutdown is a very serious safety hazard especially if you are a woman in a desolate road at night. The car has less than 35,000 miles. Toyota failed to completely reimburse all my cost. My wife had to stay in a motel that night and I incurred the cost of getting her home and then driving from denver again to retrieve the car. Along with the safety issue and toyatas' refusal to reimburse all my costs, has left me totally appalled with Toyota. The mass airflow sensor I am being told is the cause of the vehicle shut down.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Sep 282005

Prius 4-cyl

Appears to be a temporary engine stall at 68 miles per hour in carpool lane, warning light came on but disappeared right away and the car was fine again. But lots of car vibrations and jolting felt at the time.

- Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA