2006 Toyota Prius accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Mar 102014

Prius 4-cyl

When driving at night, the dashboard displays some of the dashboard on the front windshield, which causes you to avoid that area of your windshield. This is a defect in all 2006-2009 Toyota Prius cars. What happens is that you start looking at this reflection and it creates a safety concern. You also do not have a clear view through the reflection. It is extremely distracting. When you are on a country rode late at night, where there may not be any street lights, it is even worse. This problem was fixed in the 2010 models and beyond with a longer edge on the dashboard at the top. I have talked to Toyota about this, but have gotten nowhere. I feel this is a big safety concern that must be addressed and I am turning to you for help. I could have gotten lawyers involved in a class action lawsuit, but I wanted to try and resolve this professionally. I am not looking to get rich or make money off this problem. I just want my car and everyone else's Prius fixed. This issue has always been around. I have noticed it more lately with cloud cover and driving on back country roads at night. It is scary.

- Parkville, MD, USA

Nov 132013

I bought my 2006 Prius in October of 2012 and ever since buying it I've noticed that the headlight on the driver's side goes out by itself. I actually went into the dealer within a week and told them my headlight was out but when I got there and I turned them on it was working. I was baffled. They didn't say a thing to me that this was a commonly reported problem that Toyota wasn't going to be addressing. Anyway, I left and the headlight problem has been happening ever since. I decided to just live with it because when I turn the lights off and back on, the headlight comes back on - at least for a while. I'm very worried that the same thing might happen to the other headlight at the same time. I've read online about the cost of replacing the bulb ($330) which is ridiculous since this is obviously a mfg flaw that Toyota just doesn't want to pay for. Please issue a recall on this before someone gets killed!!

- Redmond, WA, USA

Sep 012011

Prius 4-cyl

Headlight goes off spontaneously while driving. I turn off lights and turn them back on again and headlight goes back on. I have been researching this and cannot believe this is not considered a defect. There should be a class action against the us government for not doing its job.

- Excelsior, MN, USA