2006 Toyota Prius brakes problems

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Oct 162007

I came to a stop and the car actually came to a stop and then suddenly started creeping towards the other car. I thought I was accidentally pressing the gas pedal as well but I wasn't so I started pressing hard on the brake and nothing! I started pumping the brakes and the car stopped. Then I continued my drive as usual without it happening again. No lights came on, nothing unusual. Just weird. Car has almost 36K miles 06 model.

- Endicott, NY, USA

Sep 012007

I was coming to a stop on a busy street. As I applied brakes, the brakes did not "catch." I couldn't avoid the car in front of me as both surrounding lanes were full. I literally watched helplessly as I hit the car in front of me. My car is a 2006 Toyota Prius with 27,000 miles on it. It also had all the regular maintenance checks as well with no problems noted.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Feb 262006

Prius 4-cyl

When coming to a stop the brakes stutter or grab. It is explained in detail at this thread: and here:

- Endicott, NY, USA