2006 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 40 of 40)

Apr 202008

Prius

Driving normally, my headlight intermittently goes out. Recycling the power on the lights corrects the issue but after continuing to drive the light will again go out. The light goes out approximately every 5 minutes. Without dependably functioning lights, driving vision is impaired at night and I have been issued a fix-it ticket. I took my car in for service at the dealership and was told that the light bulb will cost $300+. I will fix the problem myself with a replacement philips D4R hid bulb however, several reports of the same issue give me reason to believe that a recall is necessary.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 252008

Prius 4-cyl

I have a 2006 Toyota Prius, the hid headlight goes on and off intermittently. I got pulled over for my right headlight being out and by the time he got my warning written, it was working again. I turned my lights on and off several times.. this seemed to get them working again. I've pulled up on cars at red lights to see my light flickering at times. I only have 55K on my car, hid lamps are supposed to work 10 times longer than halogen...this should not be happening. I've read stories of some who simply replaced the bulb, to others who had to replace the whole assembly before the problem was fixed. This is discussed extensively at priuschat.com.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Sep 052007

Prius 4-cyl

I have been experiencing intermittent problems with the hid headlights on my 2006 Prius for over a year. Each time I took the car in the dealer was not able to duplicate the problem. Now that both headlights are inoperable, the dealer is telling that I need a new headlight assembly. I was told that the assembly and the bulb were sold as a unit. When I investigated this further on my own and went back to the dealer I was informed that the bulbs are sold independently and that they are $312 each, and 1.5 hours of labor to install. I have an extended service package (platinum) that does not cover light bulbs. I am appalled that headlights this expensive can have chronic issues after 1 and 1/2 years of use and Toyota will not take ownership of the fact that there is a manufacturer problem here.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 182007

Prius 4-cyl

Hid headlights on 06 Toyota Prius defective, go on and off intermittently, dealership unable to correct problem on reliable basis. Multiple other lights (parking/tail ect.) also going out.

- Casco, WI, USA