2006 Toyota Prius suspension problems

suspension problem

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

May 232013

Prius 4-cyl

I was driving on a highway and the car on the right started to move to my lane without turning on turn signal, he probably didn't notice me as he was moving on me, I started to brake but brake pedal started to work at once, it started to work only after delay and after it started working I lost control over the car, ABS signal turned on and I started to move to the left. I tried to prevent it but car was totally out of control and this caused the accident. The same happened to my wife in February when she was driving my car on highway. She just couldn't stop even though the distance to the next car was long enough. Brake pedal started to work with the delay and she bumped into the next car.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Feb 172010

Prius

I was driving at about 65 M/hr on I-95 and noticed my car veering first to the left then to the right. I was puzzled by this and looked over to notice that trees were not moving, I.e., it did not feel windy outside. This was a very peculiar incident that has happened to my car about 3-4 times in the past 3 years. I later heard on the news the recall of corollas for the same type of issue. They actually showed a test model simulation and it looked exactly like what I have been experiencing. I don't know if this is my imagination but it certainly did not feel that way when the incident occurred.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA