4.5

2008 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Prius:

2008 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Sep 152008

Prius

I have a 2007 Prius headlights go off 1 at a time then both sometimes, they come on when I flip on off switch; this has been happening at least 10 times per week dealer tells me bulbs for $509 plus tax does not make sense since bulbs work fine most of the time other people indicate that changing bulbs does not solve problem.

- Leesbur, FL, USA

Oct 162008

Prius

The headlights on my 2008 Toyota Prius work intermittently which cause real safety issues when driving. The headlights are hid (high intensity discharge) and the Toyota dealer has tried repairing the problem but the problem returns. This recurring problem has been noted by many owners but Toyota does not cover the problem if it is out of their 3yr / 36kmile warranty. This is a safety issue that should be covered under warranty by Toyota regardless of mileage. They probably don't want to cover this under warranty as the bulb costs ~$300 (~$400 installed).

- Charles City, VA, USA

Apr 042008

Prius 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Prius. The contact stated that the headlights fail to project far enough down the road. The failure is evident while driving at any speed. The current mileage was 450 and failure mileage was 83. Updated 05/19/08. Updated 05/19/08

- Eugene, OR, USA

Jan 152008

Prius 4-cyl

When I turn my head lights on after a few minutes left light goes off I turn off the lights and turn back on again the both lights are on for few minutes and then again left light goes off.

- Yonkers, NY, USA