2.3

2011 Toyota Prius steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Prius:

2011 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jan 142012

Prius

I was stopped at a signal and then started to proceed once the light turned green. I couldn't drive any faster than idle speed. Even at that speed the car was out of control, it was swerving, even though I was holding the wheel straight. The street had a dusting of snow. All of the other cars were able to drive at the posted speed limits without any difficulty. I took the car to the dealership, they advised me to get new tires, which I did even though the car was only 9 months old.the dealership checked the computer and steering systems. They informed me that nothing was wrong with either. This steering problem has happened 3 more times. Each time it happens there is snow on the ground but everyone else is able to drive at the posted speed. This situation has happened when it was bitter cold and when it was 30 degrees out. When the car swerves, it enters other lanes, even at idle speed. I am very luck not to have had an accident. I am so upset that I am getting a new car. I fear for my life.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Dec 202013

Prius

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Prius. The contact stated when making a turn the steering wheel would become stuck in the position the vehicle was turning too. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the steering gear assembly was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not contacted. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 124,117.

- Tolland, CT, USA