3.8

2012 Toyota Prius brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius:

2012 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Oct 082014

Prius 4-cyl

I went to start my Prius V. after it was started, a number of the warning lights came on including the ABS and stability control. I was stunned since I had my 30000 mile check up in may with no problems. When I took it to the dealer for repair, the dealer determined that rodents had eaten through a number of the electrical systems because of the soy based wiring. (I understand now that it's "biogradable soy based wiring insulation.) I generally park my car at only two locations - my home and my work. I had never seen any rodents of any type! I can't imagine what would have happened if one of the wires to the engine, or airbags, or any system for that matter separated while I was driving. Apparently, Toyota is aware of this problem but is trying to downplay it! I was told it's not a warranty item. My car requires two new wiring harnesses, the alarm wiring, and the airbag harness plus other repairs.

- Holiday, FL, USA