2012 Toyota Prius brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius:

2012 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Oct 302013

The brake doen't work when I was driving out of the highway. I pressed hard of the brake and cannot stop the car. And I crushed into a big truck. The car crushed once with the truck and the momentum made the car to hit the traffic light pole again. Terrible.

- Minnetonka, MN, USA

May 082012

Prius 4-cyl

1. when vehicle transitioned from battery to motor, significant impact resulted 2. brake pedal traveled to floor, dash warning light came on [vehicle towed] 3. attempting to leave dealers lot, brake pedal traveled to floor. Technician witnessed. Updated 01/15/13

- Middleboro, MA, USA

Dec 112011

Prius 4-cyl

Sunday Dec. 11th: Pulling out of Chicago garage, car makes odd rotational noise. The sound seems to go away after about a block or so of driving. The dealership is closed and I am booked up with clients, so I continue to test and see if temperature or environment effect the noise. The noise appears to only happen on a 'cold start' but all other factors do not seem to show an impressive change. Dec. 15th: I call Toyota corporate and file a complaint, then per their direction, call the dealer and make an appointment to have the noise problem fixed. Jan. 13th: After several calls to corporate, and having taken the car in three times to the dealership (midtown Toyota- Chicago), I have been informed by one of the service employees that Toyota is having a problem with many of these models. They think it is a back brake issue, perhaps defective part(s). As both Toyota & the dealership are not officially telling me this. This is what I know, they have been lying to me as a consumer and me and other customers are driving a car with a potential safety problem. I do not feel safe driving this car.

- Chicago, IL, USA