2.2

2013 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Prius:

2013 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Feb 232015

Prius 4-cyl

Both left & right low beams went out. All other lights work fine.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 282014

Prius 4-cyl

When I turn on the low beam of the headlights there is a significant shadow on the upper half of the windshield. It greatly diminishes visibility. When I took the car in for its 6 months service a few weeks ago they acknowledged the problem but said there is nothing that can be done to fix it.

- Sebastopol, CA, USA

Mar 202013

Prius 4-cyl

When I turn on the low beam of the headlights there is a dark shadow on the upper half of the windshield that diminishes visibility. I asked the service department about it at freeman Toyota in santa rosa where I purchased it new in August of 20123 and was told nothing could be done to fix it. It's a serious safety hazard which I hope you can help me remedy. Thank you.

- Sebastopol, CA, USA

Oct 222013

Prius 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Prius. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph uphill, the headlights failed to illuminate an adequate amount of illumination. The failure recurred whenever the contact was driving on an incline. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000. Updated 11/15/13

- New Philadelphia, OH, USA

Jul 042013

Prius

My 2013 Prius-V3, has a build up of condensation in headlights, dealer replaced both once. Condensation returned, dealer took pictures as Toyota corporation wanted. After weeks, Toyota said they would do nothing to fix problem unless there was standing water in the headlight. Note condensation should not exist, and condensation will damage the bulbs which in turn cause an accident.

- Evans, GA, USA

Jun 102013

Prius 4-cyl

Neither my wife nor I can hear the directional signal indicator (the clicking) when the signal indicates a left or right turn when the car is moving. Thus, we don't turn off the indicator when we finish turning. Therefore, we are very often driving with our directional signals indicating a turn when we have no intention of turning. We called the local Toyota service department and they told us that they are unable to augment the sound so that it is audible. We believe that this condition of the Prius is hazardous and Toyota should issue a recall and fix it.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA