7.0

2014 Toyota Prius drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Prius:

2014 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Nov 102014

Prius

The contact owns a 2014 Prius. The contact stated that vehicle intermittently shifted into neutral. The contact mentioned that the drive and/or reverse gear needed to be held in order for the gear not to shift into neutral. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Dec 172014

Prius

I pulled out on the road & the it died. It a little bit it stared up. The same thing happened last summer.

- Lititz, PA, USA

Sep 052014

Prius 4-cyl

Acceleration driving East on us rte. 50 at about 60 mph: Vehicle accelerated for no apparent reason. I nearly ran into the car ahead of me. This car is equipped with radar adaptive cruise control, which was engaged at the time. I turned off the cruise control in time to avoid a collision. Unintended acceleration has sporadically occurred, but it is usually fairly mild. This time it was so powerful that it felt like I had stomped on the accelerator; the engine roared and the car took off at full throttle. Thankfully I was traveling at the max distance of the cruise control. Acceleration was not caused by floor mats. I watched while the dealer service manager checked. Deceleration driving East on I-70: The car ahead of me signaled to exit the interstate and turned smoothly onto the exit ramp. As soon as he was out of my lane my car's cruise control locked on to the that of the exiting car and vigorously applied the brakes. Stepping on the accelerator did no good.

- Frederick, MD, USA

May 202014

Prius

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Prius. The contact stated that the vehicle would reverse when shifted to drive without warning. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000 and the current mileage was 3,002.

- Live Oak, FL, USA