2014 Toyota Prius fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Prius:

2014 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Oct 092016

Prius

While I was doing a slow turn in a driveway, my brake failed and the car continued to accelerate in a forward motion. When I shifted into reverse, the car revved and roared accelerating at full tilt. It raced across a road into another driveway only stopping when wedged between a garage door and a tree. Toyota took the totaled car and had it inspected by engineering associates and insurance auto auctions. Their response is that "there was no serious defects identified." Obviously, the momentary mechanical or electronic failure of my car could never be detected, so according to Toyota, there was nothing to cause the failure. I feel totally victimized and believe Toyota should take responsibility and compensate me for the loss of my car.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

May 072015

Prius

I was in a parking lot and put the car in reverse. Then I heard a "boom" and I thought that I backed into something, so I quickly put the car into drive. I then felt the car excelerating fast and I was pushing the brake as hard as I could and could not stop the car from moving forward. The car proceeded to excellerate and when over a curb up onto pavement and through a metal fence and bent a 5 inch round metal fencing down to the ground and the car kept going another 30 feet till it finally stopped. You can see the skid marks in the the parking lot.

- Chittenango, NY, USA