2013 Toyota Prius c engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Prius c:

2013 Toyota Prius c Owner Comments

Dec 152014

Prius c 4-cyl

At approximately 2:10pm on Monday December 10, 2014 I was returning home from a brief trip. I was making the 90 degree right turn into my driveway when I felt my car, a prius, accelerate by itself. But this acceleration was not like what you get when you step on the gas. It was as if the car had a mind of its own and it was going to go! this car has a low horsepower engine and I can't imagine me being able to "lay rubber" with this vehicle and yet the photos my husband took later clearly show tire marks on the asphalt driveway. The car hit my neighbor's concrete block retaining wall and climbed it. The upward thrust was on the passenger side wheel of the vehicle and the car flipped over and came to rest on its windshield. The driver side window was shattered, but no airbags deployed. I was upside down, hanging from the seat belt and shoulder harness. I was not hurt as far as I can determine, which is pretty amazing. I was able to effect an exit from the vehicle, with assistance, through the shattered window. Our driveway is pretty short so all this happened within less than 3 seconds and ~20 feet.

- North Versailles, PA, USA