2014 Toyota Prius v miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Prius v:

2014 Toyota Prius v Owner Comments

Oct 022015

Prius v

Privusv dimming rear view mirror. The mirror does not dim properly. The sensors seem to be in a location that the majority of the time does not pick up the lighting from the car behind. This is extremely distracting to the driver. I had the mirror replaced bot it had no effect on fixing the problem.

- Covington, GA, USA

Nov 212015

Prius v

I experienced sudden but momentary braking when traveling at high speed (> 50 mph) while either entering ro exiting hwy. This occurred twice in last two mons. I drove my car to closest dealership the 2nd time this happened (Nov. 21, 2105; waldorf md Toyota), who told me they received an email (but no recall) from Toyota corporate about this issue. Dealership could not detect the problem or reproduce it so, as instructed by dealership, I called Toyota corporate Nov. 23, 2015 to get case number assigned. At one point, Toyota representative demanded "what do you want from Toyota?" case was 'escalated' but no case worker was assigned until Nov. 30, 2015. Toyota corporate stated that the technician had to reproduce the problem and if they cannot, there was no problem and dealership would return my car to me without repair. The dealership protested and said they ot required to reproduce the problem as it was an episodic and rare event. Further, they would not return my car to me until the problem was fixed because it was a safety issue. Waldorf Toyota still has my car (over two weeks now as today is Dec. 9, 2015). They have not received any further guidance but are waiting for the field technical specialist to examine the car. I finally received a call from customer relations at the regional office (central atlantic Toyota) to authorize access to the edr (electronic data recorder). This means over two weeks have passed before even the first step was taken by Toyota to diagnose the problem.

- Washington, DC, USA