1.8

2001 Toyota Sequoia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sequoia:

2001 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jun 012008

Sequoia

I began to notice over a year ago that the headlight high-beam indicator was working intermittently. After a few months of intermittent operation it ceased illuminating altogether. My local mechanic informed me that Toyota had told him that the entire combination meter would need to be replaced to repair it (this was not entirely accurate). I recently found online that a number of owners reported that their high beam indicators were not working, and that a Toyota service bulletin had been published to repair it. When I pulled up the service bulletin I noted that it required a wiring change in addition to replacement of a very expensive ECU. It is my contention that Toyota should be financially responsible for repair of this expensive modification since the vehicle was wired improperly to begin with and since there are substantial safety implications for vehicles driving with headlights on bright when the driver is not aware of it.

- Easton, MD, USA