2001 Toyota Sequoia seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sequoia:

2001 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jan 212015

Sequoia

I barely tapped thr back of an old Toyota corolla and at a low speed where no damage was done to either vehicle beside mine when the airbags unnecessarily deployed and shattered my windshield. When I took it to my body shop guy he said there was no way the airbags should've deployed he had checked my sensors and they had not been touched. About a month ago I took my car to my local Toyota dealership for someone to come up from I believe atlanta and inspect my car. I never could get a response from him. Testerday I called my local Toyota inquiring about my airbags problem and they said yours were recalled new ones are here bring your car here in the morning and it'll take about three hours to fix. I was excited to finally get somewhere with this issue... this morning I take my car up there and they tell me that it wasnt recalled and to call the guy who cane down and inspected it. I am not happy with the way this is being handled and how no one will take responsibility for this defect and fix it.

- Rome, GA, USA