2002 Toyota Sequoia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Sequoia:

2002 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Sep 192005

Sequoia 8-cyl

I put the vehicle in park, then got out and closed the door. The vehicle was fully stopped when I got out. It then started to move forward, the vehicle picked up speed and moved forward approximately 25 feet. I opened the door as it was moving and pushed on the emergency brake with my hand just as it crashed into the staircase in my garage. When I got back into the vehicle after the crash the car was in drive. Thus the car automatically shifted from park to drive. It is possible it shifted from neutral to drive but I don't think so. Either way this still poses great concern. This incident happened on September 19, 2005. My vehicle is a 2002 Toyota Sequoia.

- Madison, WI, USA