2002 Toyota Sequoia electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Sequoia:

2002 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 102007

Sequoia 8-cyl

Vsc/trac/parking brake/ABS light turned on. Dealer said ECU controlling these functions shut down. Replaced ECU for $2,000.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Jan 172007

Sequoia 8-cyl

Brake light started to come on and go off when driving, but my manual said this is okay. Then the vsc and trac off lights started to come on and stay on but it did not happen every time I drove the car, only half the time.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Dec 072005

Sequoia 8-cyl

Automobile stops operating without notice or warning. Will not start again.

- Highlands, TX, USA

Apr 242004

Sequoia 4-cyl

I own a 2002 Toyota prius. It has been at Toyota of St. Thomas for over 6 months undergoing "repairs". I don't know when I will ever get it back as they seem unable to repair it.

- St. Thomas, VI, USA

Aug 212002

Sequoia 8-cyl

We have a 2002 Sequoia, not long after we bought it the vsc and trac off light started coming on, and the booster assy was replaced by our local Toyota dealer. We have had to replace the brakes or parts of the brakes three times, 8/21/02, 3/11/03, and 5/3/03, costing some where close to $1000. On June 6th, I took the Sequoia into Toyota for a service check and was told that everything was fine. 3 weeks later we felt that there was something wrong with the brakes again, and called Toyota motor Corp. They notified the local dealership, and the brakes were replaced for free. Now today my vsc and trac off light started coming on again.

- Chandler, AZ, USA