2. diagnostic is saying yaw sensor needs to be replaced (2 reports)
2002 Toyota Sequoia electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Sequoia:

2002 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Sep 022015

Sequoia SR5 V8

I really have pride in my toyota and to now have to turn around admit to all of the nay sayers of toyota. I've read most of the complaints and Im in the same boat. Only thing Im going to do is trade the garbage in and get a ford or something and make sure that I do all of my home work. Damn shame I work hard for my money. So much for that tundra i was gonna get next year, stick a fork in me Im done. smh #toyotacrooks

- , Houston, TX, USA

May 032014

Sequoia Limited 4.7L

A few months ago my VSC and Traction Control Lights went off on my 2002 Sequoia. Initially I checked the code on my diagnostic machine. It read out that my Yaw Sensor needed to be repaired or replaced. Went to the dealer they told me it was a brake light switch. Got that replaced, lights were still on. Later they told me it was the Yaw Sensor and apparently the parts were on back order since it's a persistent problem with these Sequoias. Toyota needs to recall Sequoias for this issue, it is expensive to replace these parts and is a manufacturing flaw.

- , Athens, GA, USA

Jul 252008

Sequoia Limited V8

When this happens, I have pull on the side of the road, turn the ignition off and then on again.

- , Ozone Park, NY, USA

Oct 272011

Sequoia 4.7L

The VSC Trac and Trac Off lights come on and the vehicle snatches to the right. It is definitely a safety issue and should be a recall. People that have this same problem should call Toyota Corporate at 1-800-331-4331, press 4 then press 6 and you will talk to someone. Have your VIN handy.

- , Semmes, AL, USA

May 212010

Sequoia Limited 4.7L V8

Normally happens at low speed while accelerating. The skidding car symbol flashes, a warning beeper beeps several times, there is a noticeable swerve to the right accompanied by a grinding noise. The, trac off and the vsc off, lights come on and I am able to continue merrily on my way unannoyed, there is no apparent reduction in braking ability or steering control. I just have the "idiot" lights on the dash until I turn off the ignition. When I next drive the vehicle I am very wary until it happens again, maybe immediately, or 10 to 20 miles. But it always happens. The dealer says a new yaw rate sensor and vsc ecu will fix it. About $1800.00 above the $105.00 already paid for the diagnostic fee. What really gets my "goat" is: there is a recall for the "early" 2003 models for this same problem. My car was off the line Aug 22 2002 I'm thinking there may have been '03s being built then.

- , Temple, TX, USA