2.0

2003 Toyota Sequoia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Sequoia:

2003 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Aug 202010

Sequoia 8-cyl

2003 Sequoia. Vsc/trac lights come on just driving down the road. Plus parking brake light. Have to shut car off to reset. The dealer said my computer is not part of the recall so I must pay out of pocket. Looked on-line and found dozens of sites and thousands of people with the same problem.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Feb 272010

Sequoia

The vsc track and engine lights came on at the same time at exactly 108,000 miles. This has been a very reliable vehicle except when it seems the computer parts are programmed to fail. I use to commute in heavy slow traffic in southern California when my brake light would come on when using the brakes in traffic. The dealer could not find a problem.. the brake light will go off after the key is turned off and back on again however the vsc/track light still on appear T be a computer defect. I see many problems with this could lead to vehicle tipping big problem maybe this issue is related to Toyota vehicles super accelerating just a thought!

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Dec 012009

Sequoia

For the past 6months the emergency brake light has come on and shut off randomly for extended periods of time. The dealership has no answer for why, but they said that there is nothing wrong. Now the vsc trac and vsc off lights will not turn off. The dealer says that there is no danger again but that it will cost 1600 to fix. If I do nothing then it will be fine too. None of it makes complete sense.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Aug 202008

Sequoia

03 Toyota Sequoia. Vsc, ABS, parking brake light came on. At 52,000 miles while driving. Yaw sensor defective.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Nov 252003

Sequoia 8-cyl

Our 2003 Toyota Sequoia has the vsc, traction light, emergency brake light, and trac off light are all coming on. The dealer told us that we need a brake job and the problem that I have is that this will be the third set of brakes in 25,000 miles. I have been reading quite a bit on this same problem with other Sequoia owners on the edmunton's website forum and it is concerning to me for the saftey of my family and my self not too mention the brake jobs at every 7,000 miles. The dealer tells me that this is normal for brakes with heavier vehicles but that has not been my experience with SUV's in the past.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA