7.0

$1,640.00

1. boys at toyota admitting the defective design & fix it! (2 reports)
  3. need to replace the skid control computer (1 reports)
  4. replace oxygen sensor (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Sequoia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sequoia:

2004 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Sep 252010

Sequoia SR5

The brake light on my Sequoia comes on intermittently and the only way to turn it off is to shut the car off and restart it. After spending $42,000 on this vehicle, I refuse to replace a $2000.00 computer. If this is the only solution that Toyota has for the problem, then they should pay for it. With all the bad publicity that Toyota has been getting, they should be more than willing to fix this problem if they wish to have repeat customers.

- , Napa, CA, USA

Sep 032010

Sequoia 4.8L

had problem with vsc brake light on . had test ran on sequoia [2004] had several codes to come up. c1203 brake level sensor, check engine light on, code p0051 faulty oxygen sensor. toyota place wants $1000.00 just to replace the brake master clylinder,

but i took vec. to my personal mac. and he ran a test also , code p0051 came up , bad oxygen sensor, he replace the faulty oxygen sensor for $280.00 . all faulty codes are gone and sequoia is running fine.

frank

- , Greenville, SC, USA

Nov 152008

Sequoia V8

2004 Sequia has had VSC TRAC/TRAC OFF/BRAKE lights on and off for the last couple of years. I purchased new from Lowe Toyota of Warner Robins, GA and service department is no help. I paid a second source to run fault codes and determined Toyota Service Bulletin DL001-05 is applicable to this problem. Fault Code C1223 indicated brake computer needs Re-Flashing. Toyota Dealership not helping. Of course the car is now out of warranty and they want big $$$. My wife is scared to drive it and I have a $40,000+ car sitting in the driveway. TOO BAD Toyota! I have purchased three new Toyota vehicles in the last 12 years-NO MORE.

- , Warner Robins, GA, USA

Apr 022008

Sequoia Limited 4.6L

I read the other 2 complaints and ladies, you have my sympathy. Every Sequoia owner I have come across has had this problem. WTF Toyota!?! I too bought this vehicle for my wife, used. It is loaded and was, at the time, KBBook valued at $32K. I love the trucks ride but mostly, the safety features and rating. My most precious cargo ride in it daily, that being my wife and children.

There are tons of other complaints on this problem and it is not limited to our year model. If all of the complaints were compiled in one area and presented to the NTSB, I'm sure that Toyota would be forced to deal with this issue and correct it, instead of charging unsuspecting patrons of Toyota a small fortune just to get a frickin' light to go off. THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART FOR ME IS THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH MY WIFE'S COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LIGHT IN HER EYES WHILE NIGHT DRIVING. I'm not through with this issue. If I have to buy a new computer; SCREW TOYOTA and ALL of their vehicles from that day forward!

- , Broussard, LA, USA

Sep 232009

Sequoia SR5 V8

this is the second time I am having to replace this computer , i have 6 small children , im being laid off from my state job state , and we have no money ... now what toyota...Its almost funny i bought the car because i wanted something safe for my family and its been nothing but problems sense i bought it 5 years ago. I dont know what to do... oh i guess walk!

- , Kailua-kona, HI, USA

Jul 062008

Sequoia SR5 3.2L V8

The VSC TRAC light on om 2004 Toyota Sequoia came on Sunday (7/6/08) and remained on. I will be taking my SUV to a Toyota Dealer tomorrow. My fear is that I will be told the same old story other owners have been told, "It will cost $1400-1500 to fix the problem. Since this is a common problem, I believe that Toyota should have a recall for this problem.

- , Shakopee, MN, USA