2004 Toyota Sequoia drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sequoia:

2004 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

May 162004

Sequoia 4WD 8-cyl

When I was going up a hill / dirt road in 4wheel high, at the midway point up, the engine lost power, I had the accelerator to the floor and the brake light came on and would not go off. It felt like brakes were being applied automatically. I put the gearshift in park and neutral put gear in 4 low and 4 high with and without center differential locked and unlocked with no results, vehicle would not accelerate uphill. I then had to reverse down to a level area, which was very dangerous as there was no room to turn around, after reaching a more level area, I turn off engine for about 20 minutes and when I restarted I was able to go downhill and left early from my trip as I donT want to be in this kind of dangerous situation again. Also my air conditioner is putting out strong pungent smells. I tried to clear the air by putting lever in fresh air mode as suggested by your tech, but intermittently the smell

- Las Vegas, NV, USA