2. replace tie rod (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Sequoia steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sequoia:

2004 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jun 192011

Sequoia LX V8

Purchased my 2004 Sequoia and up until a week ago it has been pretty reliable. All of a sudden my steering wheel handling is very losoe and I feel as if I do not have control over the steering. After driving my car for a few days I decide to take it into my Toyota service center. I am told by the technician that my car should have been towed in, that it is not safe to drive. Apparently, a cable that controls the steering was about to break and I would have had no steering at all. That is great to hear, especially with 3 children riding in my car. Apparently, Toyota has very rarely heard of this situation and the repair cost is $1,100. I have to wait 4 days for the part to come in as this is supposedly a rare occurrence. Might I also note that my brake light comes on for no reason while driving and I have to put the car in park and turn off the motor and start again in order for the light to go off. Also, the VSC light/s comes on for no reason. I was told by Toyota that I need to replace a computer board, at the tune of an additional $4300! My car may have 126k miles but I have had it serviced religiously at the Toyota dealer, never missing a scheduled service! I am very disappointed at this point. WTF Toyota!

- , Falls Church, VA, USA