2005 Toyota Sequoia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sequoia:

2005 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Dec 102015

My 2005 Sequoia has the vsc off and vsc trac lights on and it causes a hesitation in acceleration - which is a significant crash hazard. I notified Toyota about this and asked if they would fix it because they recalled other years of Sequoias for the same problem. Toyota will not fix it and said that the 2005 has different parts than the years that they recalled. That is silly because the problem is there even if the parts are different. The hatchback latch has also broke and the hatchback will not open. I looked online and saw that this is another well known problem with 2005 Sequoias that Toyota refuses to fix despite the dangers if there were a crash and somebody needed to exit from the hatch area.

- Bayville, NJ, USA

Mar 012016

ABS failed and car shut when ABS is lock

- Westminster, CA, USA

Feb 012016

On the dashboard I have vsc off. Vsc tracking. Brake light on.. they R on constantly and won't shut off.. what is going on with this... I am worried my daughter is driving my SUV with the dashboard lit like a xmas tree.. help please

- Drexel Hill, PA, USA

May 062011

Toyota Sequoia 2005 - air injection control valve & pump broke. Causing car to completely malfunction. According to mechanic - a blade from the air injector pump broke - dislodged into system and caused corrosion and debris to enter into system cause over $2800 worth of parts needing to be replaced. Very uncommon part to replace according to mechanic. Toyota dealer had the parts to replace it - causing more concern that this may be a recall item considering the dangerous situation it presents when car completely stops working because of malfunctioning parts.

- Mililani, HI, USA

Aug 072010

Sequoia 8-cyl

Our vsc/trac light and engine light simultaneously come on for an unknown reason. Our mechanic can not find a solution. Our emergency brake light comes on and off for no necessary reason as well. This has happened three or four times and no one can fix it. I am afraid to take it to Toyota because of the bad experiences posted online where consumers have received many varying answers, expensive repairs, and in some case, still no solution. We are in the market to buy a new car and it makes resale very difficult with these lights on and no answer as to why they are on... and no way to turn them off... so we wait. Many people have posted on the internet about this same problem in other 2005 Sequoias. Our computer keeps throwing varying and different errors... and my mechanic thinks the errors are not accurate. Could it be a computer or electrical malfunction? please help.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA