2005 Toyota Sequoia steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sequoia:

2005 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Aug 122016

My vehicle's traction control light was coming on periodically, and when that would happen the engine would cut out, & I would not be able to accelerate. I took it in to get it repaired. After the repairs I was driving at about 20 mph, and as I was breaking to turn a corner the ABS, vbs, brake and traction control lights came on. My breaks made a grinding noise, the car began to shake, there were no breaks or steering control, and the engine cut out. This was very dangerous as I had no control and was on a city street in front of a park with children, and I had my son with me. Luckily I wasn't going very fast as the speed limit is 25 mph, and I was approaching the park and my street to turn on to. I was able to get stopped by hitting a curb but couldn't get control of the vehicle otherwise.

- West Des Moines, IA, USA

Sep 102014

When I make a left or right turn my truck completely shuts down motor dies, wheel locks. For a bout 4-9 seconds and then powers itself back up without my control. Its started doing it only in the winter now it it consistent. I al most had a few fatal accidents behind it.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 222013

Loss of ABS system, vsc & traction control on interstate at high rate of speed barely avoided collisions. Unsafe. Vsc/ABS/E brake light all on.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Mar 142012

Sequoia 8-cyl

Vsc trac, vsc off and ABS lights all come on at once. I took the vehicle to my mechanic and he couldn't pull the code as it was off by the time I got there. Brakes had good pad left. The light came on 3 times today and went off just as unexpectedly.

- Smithville, MO, USA